Re: [External] linux-next: build failure after merge of the pm tree

From: Mark Pearson
Date: Wed Dec 09 2020 - 09:02:12 EST

On 09/12/2020 04:57, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> After merging the pm tree, today's linux-next build (htmldocs) failed
> like this:
>
> Sphinx parallel build error:
> docutils.utils.SystemMessage: /home/sfr/next/next/Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-platform_profile.rst:1: (SEVERE/4) Missing matching underline for section title overline.

> Platform Profile Selection (e.g. :ref:`\/sys\/firmware\/acpi\/platform_profile <abi_sys_firmware_acpi_platform_profile>`)
>
> Caused by commit
>
> ff950bebd0e0 ("Documentation: Add documentation for new platform_profile sysfs attribute")

My apologies - I hadn't run the 'make htmldocs' command so I missed this
one.

I've been able to reproduce the error and fix the error. I do see:
WARNING: document isn't included in any toctree
but I think this is benign - I believe I'm getting it just because I
converted the file to .rst (as requested by Andy Shevchenko). If this is
important and needs to be addressed urgently as well let me know.

Rafael - I want to run a couple more sanity tests and will push the
update for this (with the other fixes for the platform_profile.c code)
for review later today.

Thanks
Mark