Re: [Patch v3 0/2] cgroup: KVM: New Encryption IDs cgroup controller

From: Tejun Heo
Date: Wed Dec 09 2020 - 15:59:56 EST

Hello,

Rough take after skimming:

* I don't have an overall objection. In terms of behavior, the only thing
which stood out was input rejection depending on the current usage. The
preferred way of handling that is rejecting future allocations rather than
failing configuration as that makes it impossible e.g. to lower limit and
drain existing usages from outside the container.

* However, the boilerplate to usefulness ratio doesn't look too good and I
wonder whether what we should do is adding a generic "misc" controller
which can host this sort of static hierarchical counting. I'll think more
on it.

Thanks.

--
tejun