Re: Compilation issue with Linaro ARM toolchain

From: Maxim Kuvyrkov
Date: Mon Jan 18 2021 - 11:06:02 EST

> On 18 Jan 2021, at 18:59, Mathieu Poirier <mathieu.poirier@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Adding the Linaro toolchain group mailing list.
>
> On Mon, Jan 18, 2021 at 05:49:39PM +0300, Sergey Suloev wrote:
>> Hi, guys,
>>
>> I am having an issue builduing kernel 5.11 (rc4) with Linaro ARM toolchain.
>> The issue seems to be related to CC plugins sources.
>> Here is my build log: https://pastebin.com/DTn7Szax. I have never seen this
>> before with versions 5.10 and below.

Thanks, Mathieu.

Hi Sergey,

MPC (along with GMP and MPFR) are libraries that GCC and its plugins depend on. I think, installing libmpc-dev or equivalent should fix the problem; installing an equivalent of “apt build-dep gcc” might be more robust.

Linux kernel has recently relaxed the way it detects support for compiler plugins, so it’s now enabling them more often than before.

Hope this helps,

--
Maxim Kuvyrkov
https://www.linaro.org