Re: Linux 5.11-rc5

From: Bhaskar Chowdhury
Date: Sun Jan 24 2021 - 22:59:33 EST

On 19:48 Sun 24 Jan 2021, Guenter Roeck wrote:
On Sun, Jan 24, 2021 at 05:06:40PM -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:
So this rc looked fairly calm and small, all the way up until today.

In fact, over 40% of the non-merge commits came in today, as people
unloaded their work for the week on me. The end result is a slightly
larger than usual rc5 (but both 5.10 and 5.8 were bigger, so not some
kind of odd outlier).

Nothing particularly stands out. We had a couple of splice()
regressions that came in during the previous release as part of the
"get rid of set_fs()" development, but they were for odd cases that
most people would never notice. I think it's just that 5.10 is now
getting more widely deployed so people see the fallout from that
rather fundamental change in the last release. And the only reason I
even reacted to those is just because I ended up being involved with
some of the tty patches during the early calm period of the past week.
There's a few more still pending.

But the bulk of it all is all the usual miscellaneous fixes all over
the place, and a lot of it is truly trivial one- or few-liners. Just
under half the patch is for drivers, with the rest being the usual mix
of tooling, arch updates, filesystem and core (mm, scheduling,
networking).

Nothing here makes me go "Uhhuh" in other words.

Looking pretty good now.

Build results:
total: 153 pass: 153 fail: 0
Qemu test results:
total: 430 pass: 430 fail: 0

Guenter

Hey,

Mind letting us know ,what you are running? Any automated stuff? Any specific
tool or tools?? Scripts???

Bloody curious to know Guenter ...if those stuff are expose able to public
consumption , please do provide the pointer too (I am being lazy to find it)

~Bhaskar