Re: [GIT PULL] perf tools fixes for v5.11, 2nd batch

From: Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo
Date: Mon Jan 25 2021 - 11:40:38 EST

Em Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 01:59:02PM -0800, Linus Torvalds escreveu:
> On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 5:52 AM Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo <acme@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Test results in the signed tag at:

> Side note: I'd actually prefer if you didn't do this. These big things
> end up being (a hidden) part of the merge commit (and that's how the
> tag verification works after-the-fact: ie I don't just verify the tag
> when I pull, you can also do the verification later), and it really
> makes zero sense to add 28kB of data to each merge just because you
> hid them in the signed tag.

> It would actually be better to have it just in the email at the end,
> not in the tag.

> Please?

Sure, intention was to record that tests were done and where it was
done, and at the same time not to bother you with test results in the
pull request.

But as you point out and was discussed somewhere else, it doesn't ends
up accessible upstream, so I'll do as you suggest and just leave it in
the cover letter, as I did in the past when submitting to Ingo.

Thanks,

- Arnaldo