Re: Issue in dmesg time with lockless ring buffer

From: J. Avila
Date: Mon Jan 25 2021 - 19:01:44 EST

Hello,

This dmesg uses /dev/kmsg; we've verified that we don't see this long
dmesg time when reading from syslog (via dmesg -S).

We've also tried testing this with logging daemons disabled as well as
within initrd - both result in similar behavior.

If it's relevant, this was done on a toybox shell.

Thanks,

Avila