PROBLEM: Crash after mm: fix initialization of struct page for holes in memory layout

From: Łukasz Majczak
Date: Wed Jan 27 2021 - 04:27:33 EST

Crash after mm: fix initialization of struct page for holes in memory layout

Hi,
I was trying to run v5.11-rc5 on my Samsung Chromebook Pro (Caroline),
but I've noticed it has crashed - unfortunately it seems to happen at
a very early stage - No output to the console nor to the screen, so I
have started a bisect (between 5.11-rc4 - which works just find - and
5.11-rc5),
bisect results points to:

d3921cb8be29 mm: fix initialization of struct page for holes in memory layout

Reproduction is just to build and load the kernel.

If it will help any how I am attaching:
- /proc/cpuinfo (from healthy system):
https://gist.github.com/semihalf-majczak-lukasz/3517867bf39f07377c1a785b64a97066
- my .config file (for a broken system):
https://gist.github.com/semihalf-majczak-lukasz/584b329f1bf3e43b53efe8e18b5da33c

If there is anything I could add/do/test to help fix this please let me know.

Best regards
Lukasz