Re: Pstore : Query on using ramoops driver for DDR

From: Mukesh Ojha
Date: Wed Feb 10 2021 - 10:35:43 EST

On 2/10/2021 2:32 AM, Luck, Tony wrote:
Can we use existing backend pstore ram driver (fs/pstore/ram.c) for DDR
instead of SRAM ?
The expectation for pstore is that the system will go through a reset when it
crashes. Most systems do not preserve DDR contents across reset.

to support DDR, If we have a mechanism to copy stored data from DDR to
external device after the crash.
Was the current driver written only to support persistant RAM like SRAM
or it can accept further change
Linux is in a constant state of change :-)

See above about DDR contents. But if you have a platform that does preserve
DDR contents until your "mechanism" can copy the pstore buffer, then post
a patch.

Thanks for the reply

I have posted the patch.

https://lore.kernel.org/patchwork/patch/1378949/