Re: of overlay: how to insert new nodes with references to it

From: Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult
Date: Thu Feb 18 2021 - 09:09:53 EST

On 18.02.21 10:14, Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult wrote:

Hi folks,

answering myself ;-)

Problem: dtc adds my new 'gpio1' node to the __fixups__ list, which is
used for resolving symbols against the live tree - obviously it can't
exist there, since it's added by the overlay. Therefore applying the
overlay fails:

    "OF: resolver: node label 'gpio1' not found in live devicetree
     symbols table"

Shouldn't the symbol be added to __local_fixups__ instead of __fixups__
?
How can I force dtc to do that ?

after playing around a while, found out that I need to use full path
references instead of labels or just node names, eg.

gpios = <&{/fragment@0/__overlay__/gpio1} 0 GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>;

--mtx

--
---
Hinweis: unverschlüsselte E-Mails können leicht abgehört und manipuliert