Re: udldrm does not recover from powersave? Re: udldrmfb: causes WARN in i915 on X60 (x86-32)

From: Thomas Zimmermann
Date: Fri Feb 26 2021 - 03:49:00 EST

Hi

Am 25.02.21 um 10:53 schrieb Pavel Machek:
Hi!

This is in -next, but I get same behaviour on 5.11; and no, udl does

Thanks for reporting. We are in the process of fixing the issue. The latest
patch is at [1].

Thank you, that fixes the DMA issue, and I can use the udl.

...for a while. Then screensaver blanks laptop screen, udl screen
blanks too. Upon hitting a key, internal screen shows up, udl does
not.

I try rerunning xrandr ... --auto, but could not recover it.

Any ideas?

Seems unrelated. I tested for the issue with the last good revision and with the latest fix applied. I use Gnome/X11.

With both kernels, the udl adapter's display came back after suspending. So I'd attribute the problem to something else.

Best regards
Thomas

Best regards,
Pavel