Re: [RFC v2] execve.2: SYNOPSIS: Document both glibc wrapper and kernel sycalls

From: Alejandro Colomar (man-pages)
Date: Fri Feb 26 2021 - 06:53:51 EST

Hi Michael,

Okay, after a few days of thinking, I'm not sure about what to do in some cases.

But I think we agree to use syscall(SYS_ ...) for syscalls with no wrapper (such as membarrier(2)).

Is that right?

I think it may be better to separate this into 2 sets of changes.

1) Document syscalls without wrappers as syscall(SYS_ ...).
We could already start with this.
(Actually, after I finish fixing the prototypes in man3.)
This change will be fast, because there aren't many of these.

2) Do the rest, I don't know yet how. We'll see.

Thanks,

Alex

--
Alejandro Colomar