Re: XDP socket rings, and LKMM litmus tests

From: Paul E. McKenney
Date: Wed Mar 03 2021 - 19:08:34 EST

On Wed, Mar 03, 2021 at 06:39:14PM +0100, maranget wrote:

> > On 3 Mar 2021, at 18:37, maranget <luc.maranget@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > I have made a PR to herd7 that performs the change. The commit message states the new definition.
>
> For those who are interested
> <https://github.com/herd/herdtools7/pull/183>

And I just confirmed that with this change, Björn's original litmus
test behaves as desired. Merci beaucoup, Luc!

The new herd7 also passes the in-kernel regression test, and also all
of the github "litmus" archive's tests up to six processes that are
flagged with expected outcomes except for these five tests, which
are expected failures:

litmus/manual/deps/LB-addr-equals.litmus
litmus/manual/deps/LB-ctls-bothvals-a.litmus
litmus/manual/deps/LB-ctls-diffvals-det.litmus
litmus/manual/deps/LB-ctls-sameval-barrier.litmus
litmus/manual/deps/LB-ctls-sameval.litmus

This situation is a bit silly, so I changed the "Results" clause
and added a comment noting that LKMM does not yet know about these
corner cases.

I just started a longer regression test, but this will take some time.

Thanx, Paul