RE: A problem of Intel IOMMU hardware ?

From: Longpeng (Mike, Cloud Infrastructure Service Product Dept.)
Date: Wed Mar 17 2021 - 05:36:32 EST

Hi Nadav,

Good suggestion! But we did it these days, we tried to use global invalidations as follow:
iommu->flush.flush_iotlb(iommu, did, 0, 0,
DMA_TLB_DSI_FLUSH);
But can not resolve the problem.

> The first thing that comes to my mind is the invalidation hint (ih) in
> iommu_flush_iotlb_psi(). I would remove it to see whether you get the failure
> without it.

We also notice the IH, but the IH is always ZERO in our case, as the spec says:
'''
Paging-structure-cache entries caching second-level mappings associated with the specified
domain-id and the second-level-input-address range are invalidated, if the Invalidation Hint
(IH) field is Clear.
'''

It seems the software is everything fine, so we've no choice but to suspect the hardware.