RE: A problem of Intel IOMMU hardware ?

From: Longpeng (Mike, Cloud Infrastructure Service Product Dept.)
Date: Thu Mar 18 2021 - 04:21:07 EST

Hi Nadav,

Yes, use WRITE_ONCE is much safer, however I was just testing the following code,
it didn't resolved my problem.

static inline void dma_clear_pte(struct dma_pte *pte)
{
WRITE_ONCE(pte->val, 0ULL);
}

> 2. Consider ensuring that the problem is not somehow related to queued
> invalidations. Try to use __iommu_flush_iotlb() instead of qi_flush_iotlb().

I tried to force to use __iommu_flush_iotlb(), but maybe something wrong,
the system crashed, so I prefer to lower the priority of this operation.