Re: [BUG] VAAPI encoder cause kernel panic if encoded video in 4K

From: Christian König
Date: Wed Apr 21 2021 - 02:42:51 EST

Am 20.04.21 um 20:03 schrieb Mikhail Gavrilov:
On Wed, 14 Apr 2021 at 11:48, Christian König
commit f63da9ae7584280582cbc834b20cc18bfb203b14
Author: Philip Yang <Philip.Yang@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu Apr 1 00:22:23 2021 -0400

drm/amdgpu: reserve fence slot to update page table

That is expected behavior, the application is just buggy and causing a
page fault on the GPU.

The kernel should just not crash with a backtrace.

Any chance to see this commit to be backported to 5.12?
I plan to submit a bug report to OBS devs and don't want my system to
hang again and again when I would test their patches.

I can try, but I'm not sure if we even have the full page fault handling for Navi in 5.12.

Regards,
Christian.