Re: [RFC v2 14/32] x86/tdx: Handle port I/O

From: Kuppuswamy, Sathyanarayanan
Date: Mon May 10 2021 - 20:57:02 EST

On 5/10/21 4:34 PM, Dan Williams wrote:
Surely there's an existing macro for this pattern? Would
PUSH_AND_CLEAR_REGS + POP_REGS be suitable? Besides code sharing it
would eliminate clearing of %r8.

There used to be SAVE_ALL/SAVE_REGS, but they have been all removed in
some past refactorings.
Not a huge deal, but at a minimum it seems a generic construct that
deserves to be declared centrally rather than tdx-guest-port-io local.

I can define SAVE_ALL_REGS/RESTORE_ALL_REGS. Do you want to move it outside
TDX code? I don't know if there will be other users for it?

--
Sathyanarayanan Kuppuswamy
Linux Kernel Developer