Re: [RFC] /dev/ioasid uAPI proposal

From: Jason Gunthorpe
Date: Thu Jun 03 2021 - 07:47:33 EST

On Thu, Jun 03, 2021 at 06:49:20AM +0000, Tian, Kevin wrote:
> [...]

be the default and if an implementation can elide certain steps then
describing those as additional behaviors on the universal baseline is
cleaner

I'm surprised to hear your remarks about the not-present though,
how does the vIOMMU emulation work if there are not hypervisor
invalidation traps for not-present/present transitions?

Jason