Re: [RFC net-next 0/8] Introducing subdev bus and devlink extension

From: Yunsheng Lin
Date: Wed Jun 09 2021 - 08:30:25 EST

On 2021/6/9 19:59, Parav Pandit wrote:
> [...]

Yes, net namespace is changed based on the devlink instance, not
devlink port instance, *right now*.

>> It may seems we need to change the net
>> namespace based on devlink port instance instead of devlink instance.
>> This way container case seems be similiar to the VM case?
> I mostly do not understand the topology you have in mind or if you explained previously I missed the thread.
> In your case what is the flavour of a devlink port?

flavour of the devlink port instance is FLAVOUR_PHYSICAL or
FLAVOUR_VIRTUAL.

The reason I suggest to change the net namespace on devlink port
instance instead of devlink instance is:
I proposed that all the PF and VF in the same ASIC are registered to
the same devlink instance as flavour FLAVOUR_PHYSICAL or FLAVOUR_VIRTUAL
when there are in the same host and in the same net namespace.

If a VF's devlink port instance is unregistered from old devlink
instance in the old net namespace and registered to new devlink
instance in the new net namespace(create a new devlink instance if
needed) when devlink port instance's net namespace is changed, then
the security mentioned by jakub is not a issue any more?