Re: swiotlb/caamjr regression (Was: [GIT PULL] (swiotlb) stable/for-linus-5.12)

From: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk
Date: Fri Jun 11 2021 - 06:35:42 EST

On Fri, Jun 11, 2021 at 08:21:53AM +0200, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 10, 2021 at 05:52:07PM +0300, Horia Geantă wrote:
> > I've noticed the failure also in v5.10 and v5.11 stable kernels,
> > since the patch set has been backported.
>
> FYI, there has been a patch on the list that should have fixed this
> for about a month:
>
> https://lore.kernel.org/linux-iommu/20210510091816.GA2084@xxxxxx/T/#m0d0df6490350a08dcc24c9086c8edc165b402d6f
>
> but it seems like it never got picked up.

Yikes!

Dominique,

Would you be up to testing the attached (and inline) patch please?

Linus,

Would you be terribly offended if I took your code (s/unsigned
long/unsigned int), and used Chanho's description of the problem (see below)?

Christoph,
I took the liberty of putting your Reviewed-by on the patch, you OK with
that?

Jianxiong,
Would you be up for testing this patch on your NVMe rig please? I don't
forsee a problem.. but just in case