Re: [GIT PULL] memory: Tegra for v5.14, part two

From: Olof Johansson
Date: Wed Jun 16 2021 - 21:36:34 EST

On Wed, Jun 16, 2021 at 09:20:59AM +0200, Krzysztof Kozlowski wrote:
> On 15/06/2021 17:41, Olof Johansson wrote:
> > Hi,
> >

> > On Mon, Jun 14, 2021 at 09:52:00PM +0200, Krzysztof Kozlowski wrote:
> >> Hi Arnd and Olof,
> >>
> >> Tegra got quite big rework this cycle. The last piece comes from Thierry,
> >> however it depends on one patch in Will's tree. Since the last Thierry's
> >> patches depend both on that one patch and other memory controller drivers
> >> changes, they are here.
> >>
> >> Best regards,
> >> Krzysztof
> >
> > So, this pull request is a bit weird. It contains a lot more than what the
> > email indicates:
> >
> >> The following changes since commit 393d66fd2cacba3e6aa95d7bb38790bfb7b1cc3a:
> >>
> >> memory: tegra: Implement SID override programming (2021-06-03 21:50:43 +0200)
> >
> > This seems to be a patch in the middle of the new material in your branch, not
> > the start of what we already have in our tree.
> >
> > As a result, the diffstat when we merge looks completely different. While
> > I generally trust you to not try to squeeze in material under the radar, it's
> > also unfortunately making it hard to double-check that you didn't accidentally
> > bring in something you didn't mean to.
> >
> > So, before I merge this.. can you confirm, or even better generate a full pull
> > request summary/diffstat/pull request email that shows the full new material?
>
> There should be nothing hidden and I created this pull request on top of
> my previous Tegra one:
> "[GIT PULL] memory: Tegra memory controller for v5.14"
> https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20210607084910.21024-1-krzysztof.kozlowski@xxxxxxxxxxxxx/
>
> I had impression you pulled that in, but now I don't see the such branch
> in the soc tree. Maybe that's the answer - the earlier material was never in?

Ah, based on the discussion and the generation of a new stable branch that is
shared, I interpreted it as you spinning the whole branch/pull request again,
and indeed I never pulled in the base contents.

That explains the difference here.

(I also want to be clear that I wasn't accusing you of trying to hide material,
but that it came across as a mistake and/or miscommunication, which indeed it
was)

> Anyway, before is the full diffstat of that branch so:
> tags/memory-controller-drv-tegra-5.14 + tags/memory-controller-drv-tegra-5.14-2
>
> However I think it is still good to pull
> tags/memory-controller-drv-tegra-5.14 first, so the tag-message won't
> get lost. That tag-message was also explaining why there is a pull from
> Thierry (with clock and regulator).
> The second pull does not mention earlier material.

Cool, sounds good. Merging.

-Olof