Re: linux-next: manual merge of the usb tree with the arm-soc tree

From: Matthias Kaehlcke
Date: Thu Jun 17 2021 - 12:34:29 EST

On Thu, Jun 17, 2021 at 02:43:46PM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Today's linux-next merge of the usb tree got conflicts in:
>
> arch/arm64/boot/dts/qcom/sc7180-trogdor-lazor-r0.dts
> arch/arm64/boot/dts/qcom/sc7180-trogdor-lazor-r1.dts
>
> between commit:
>
> 39441f73d91a ("arm64: dts: qcom: sc7180: lazor: Simplify disabling of charger thermal zone")
>
> from the arm-soc tree and commit:
>
> 1da8116eb0c5 ("arm64: dts: qcom: sc7180-trogdor: Add nodes for onboard USB hub")
>
> from the usb tree.
>
> I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
> is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
> conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
> is submitted for merging. You may also want to consider cooperating
> with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
> complex conflicts.

Thanks Stephen for fixing this up for -next!

One option would be to revert 1da8116eb0c5 ("arm64: dts: qcom: sc7180-trogdor:
Add nodes for onboard USB hub") from usb-next and land it through the qcom/arm-soc
tree with the rest of the SC7180 device tree patches.

Greg/Bjorn, does the above sound like a suitable solution to you or do you
think it would be better to deal with the conflict in a different way?