Re: [RFCv1 0/8] Meson-8b and Meson-gxbb USB phy code re-structure

From: Martin Blumenstingl
Date: Thu Jun 17 2021 - 18:11:22 EST

Hi Anand,

On Thu, Jun 17, 2021 at 9:42 PM Anand Moon <linux.amoon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Odroid C1+ and Odroid C2 USB feature is broken
with "broken" you mean the hotplug and IRQ issues you describe below?
I think that these are not PHY related but rather a problem with the
dwc2 IP/driver

> this code changes are just re-structure the code so that
> proper callback function execute in proper order.
>
> Code changes losely based on phy-meson-gxl-usb2.c
there's a big difference between the Meson8 and GXL drivers:
GXL requires changing some of the PHY registers at runtime based on
the mode (host/peripheral).
The Meson8 PHY however (as far as I can tell from the 3.10 and 3.14
kernels) don't require any runtime changes based on the mode.

> Initially if we connect USB HDD at initial boot it get detected.
> but after that usb hotplug of USB HDD is broken.
> I did not observe and USB debug events messages to trace the root cause.
>
> Another issue I observed is increase of USB interrupts event
> even if there is not much activity on USB ports.
> I tried some clk changes but it did not workout for me.
I suggest reporting this to the dwc2 maintainers and asking for advice
on how to debug these issues.

Best regards,
Martin