Re: [question] De-registration does not remove port

From: Saubhik Mukherjee
Date: Thu Jun 24 2021 - 09:03:11 EST

On 6/23/21 12:44 PM, Greg KH wrote:
On Wed, Jun 23, 2021 at 11:42:36AM +0530, Saubhik Mukherjee wrote:
In drivers/tty/serial/arc_uart.c, arc_serial_remove always returns 0,
instead of calling uart_remove_one_port to remove uart port from serial
core. The comment says "This will be never be called". In my understanding,
a port added using uart_add_one_port should be removed during
de-registration.

Is there a reason for this behavior?

Did you test the code to see if that function will ever be called?

I would like to reformulate the question: Suppose arc_serial_remove is never called. Then I would like to know how the driver de-registration is organized since the UART port is never removed?