Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the akpm-current tree

From: Gavin Shan
Date: Fri Jun 25 2021 - 02:28:32 EST

Hi Stephen,

On 6/24/21 7:43 PM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
Hi all,

After merging the akpm-current tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
ppc64_defconfig) failed like this:

mm/page_reporting.c:14:37: error: initializer element is not constant
14 | unsigned int page_reporting_order = pageblock_order;
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Caused by commit

223f64d9e679 ("mm/page_reporting: export reporting order as module parameter")

pageblock_order is defined to be various things depending on CONFIG_
symbols.

I have reverted that commit (and the following three) for today.

Yes, Please drop this series for now.

The v3 was applied and caused the build error. Actually, we need
v5, which was posted couple of hours ago.

v5: https://lkml.org/lkml/2021/6/24/1137

Thanks,
Gavin