Re: linux-mm@xxxxxxxxx - limping on a backup

From: James Bottomley
Date: Fri Jun 25 2021 - 17:52:23 EST

On Fri, 2021-06-25 at 15:26 -0400, Benjamin LaHaise wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 25, 2021 at 12:21:24PM -0700, James Bottomley wrote:
> > >
> > > Maybe the btrfs bugs should get fixed.
> >
> > I believe we can do both.
>
> If I were unresponsive at fixing issues, I would understand the need
> to migrate services, but steps to address the failures have already
> been taken and additional mitigations are planned. If we migrated
> services every time a piece of hardware failed or we hit a kernel
> bug, then we wouldn't have any infrastructure left.

It's not about response time, it's about the fact that we finally got
kerne.org funded via the LF to pay for someone to run our mailing list
infrastructure so we no longer have to do it ourselves. We've already
transferred the containers mailman list and vger is going to be
migrated to it soon. The new infrastructure comes with HA and a whole
host of backend CDN data centres in various geographies and public
inbox backing, so it should be quite slick.

James