Coverity Scan model file, license, public access

From: Norbert Manthey
Date: Tue Jul 06 2021 - 03:53:22 EST

Dear all,

I would like to work with code analysis on the Linux kernel. The
currently used Coverity setup already uses a model file [1] to improve
the precision of the analysis. To the best of my knowledge, this model
file is currently not publicly accessible. I did not find a license
attached to  [1], nor any information about licensing.

To improve the way Coverity is used, I would like to move this model
file into a public repository, and add a license. I wonder whom else I
should involve into this process. Is there a recommended place for the
location of the license? I assume the targeted license should be GPL,
and would like to understand whether that works with the way this file
is currently maintained.

Best,
Norbert

[1] https://scan.coverity.com/projects/linux-next-weekly-scan/model_file

Amazon Development Center Germany GmbH
Krausenstr. 38
10117 Berlin
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Christian Schlaeger, Jonathan Weiss
Eingetragen am Amtsgericht Charlottenburg unter HRB 149173 B
Sitz: Berlin
Ust-ID: DE 289 237 879