Re: linux-next: Tree for Jul 12 (no Rust)

From: Randy Dunlap
Date: Tue Jul 13 2021 - 16:20:48 EST

On 7/13/21 10:36 AM, Miguel Ojeda wrote:
> Hi Randy,
>
> On Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 5:31 AM Randy Dunlap <rdunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> OK, I found some 'patch' failures in my download logs, so something
>> in my scripts didn't do its job.
>>
>> Thanks for bringing it up!
>
> Thanks for looking -- if I can help with something on my side on the
> Rust tree, please let me know.
>
> Also, if you found what went wrong (e.g. the end result after `patch`
> failed applying something), it would be nice to know, in case this
> comes up again.

Hi Miguel,

It was either a script bug (but I haven't seen this one before)
or a user error (more likely).
My daily linux-next builds are started by a cron job but the don't
always start when they should (IMO), so I may have started it
manually... but then the error that I saw would have only happened
if 2 linux-next builds were started at almost the same time (one
by cron, one manually by me) - I don't know if that happened or not.

Today's linux-next builds didn't have any similar problem and I doubt
that I can reconstruct what happened exactly.

Thanks.