Re: [RFC v2] /dev/iommu uAPI proposal

From: Shenming Lu
Date: Thu Jul 15 2021 - 02:29:17 EST

On 2021/7/15 11:55, Tian, Kevin wrote:
> [...]

Yeah, we have the defPASID that marks the mdev and refers to the default
I/O address space, but how about the non-default I/O address spaces?
Is there a case that two different mdevs (on the same parent device)
are used by the same process in the guest, thus have a same pasid route
in the physical IOMMU? It seems that we can't figure out the mdev from
the rid and pasid in this case...

Did I misunderstand something?... :-)

Thanks,
Shenming