nolibc and __attribute__((__unused__))

From: Paul E. McKenney
Date: Wed Jul 21 2021 - 16:33:56 EST

Hello!

My guess is that I should ignore the following checkpatch complaint on
the assumption that checkpatch doesn't realize that this is not built
as part of the Linux kernel. But if my guess is incorrect, please let
me know, as it is a trivial change to make.

Thanx, Paul

/tmp/rcu/0002-tools-nolibc-Implement-msleep.patch
WARNING: __always_unused or __maybe_unused is preferred over __attribute__((__unused__))
#24: FILE: tools/include/nolibc/nolibc.h:2246:
+static __attribute__((unused))

total: 0 errors, 1 warnings, 19 lines checked

NOTE: For some of the reported defects, checkpatch may be able to
mechanically convert to the typical style using --fix or --fix-inplace.

/tmp/rcu/0002-tools-nolibc-Implement-msleep.patch has style problems, please review.

NOTE: If any of the errors are false positives, please report
them to the maintainer, see CHECKPATCH in MAINTAINERS.