Kernel 5.4.134

From: secret
Date: Thu Jul 22 2021 - 06:10:53 EST

Hello,

I write again the content of my last E-mail to you, for my smartphone has got
only a small display and therefore a quit tiny keyboard...

Whenever Tor from rosa2016.1 (Rosalabs.ru) and/or Enterprise Linux 6 is
starting, at least three kernel-processes start too and/or become more than
active (CPU capacity lies by more than 10 percent, making my orange LED on the
tower blinking a lot)!

So they have got root-rights!

Their name is like kworker-kcryptd/..., dmcrypt/... and uksmd, but this is not
their complete name.

I do not want this activity as they irritate a lot in possibly causing high
and highest risks!

Tests have shown, that no data seems to get transferred over the net, but
knows the hell, what's really going on here....

Is it worth a patch for you,
can you resp. your foundation patch it?

I would appreciate this.

Regards, Andreas

I also like to tell you, that this Tor is surrounded by firejail from pclos,
this is PCLinuxOS 2021. The processes get permanently highly active for about
five (5) minutes. The LED on the tower for read and write on storage media is
really blinking madly hard all this time, while the process-manager confirms
the whole mysterious process-activities!
After this time, Tor and surfing in the internet with the browser do work fine
as much as the rest of the Linux. So I have to wait several minutes.
Does it have to do with one of the last patches of 5.4, for example the one
for dmcrypt? Anyhow I use full system encryption by LUKS, that might matte
here.

Regards,
Andreas Stöwing
(Gooken)