New warning: PRMT not found

From: Paul Menzel
Date: Mon Jul 26 2021 - 03:42:40 EST

Dear Erik,

The new code added in commit cefc7ca462 (ACPI: PRM: implement OperationRegion handler for the PlatformRtMechanism subtype) causes Linux to log a warning on my desktop system Asus F2A85-M PRO.

PRMT not found

The help text for the Kconfig option `ACPI_PRMT` suggests it’s mainly used for server systems, so the warning does not apply to a lot of systems. Therefore, in my opinion, the option should not be selected by default, or the warning be removed or demoted, and phrased in a way, that users can understand the consequences.

Kind regards,

Paul