Re: [RFC] tcp: Initial support for RFC5925 auth option

From: Francesco Ruggeri
Date: Mon Jul 26 2021 - 23:05:51 EST

Hi Leonard,

thanks for taking on this task!

> I'm especially interested in feedback regarding ABI and testing.

I noticed that the TCP connection identifier is not part of the
representation of the MKT (tcp_authopt_key_info).
This could cause some issues if, for example 2 MKTs with different
<remote IP, remote TCP port> in the TCP connection identifier but same
KeyID (recv_id) are installed on a socket. In that case
tcp_authopt_inbound_key_lookup() may not pick the correct MKT for the
connection. Matching incoming segments only based on recv_id may not
comply with the RFC.
I think there may be other cases where TCP connection identifiers may
be needed to resolve conflicts, but I have to look at your patch in
more detail.

It would be helpful if you could split your patch into smaller
incremental chunks.

Francesco