Re: LED subsystem lagging maintenance

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman
Date: Wed Jul 28 2021 - 06:36:15 EST

On Wed, Jul 28, 2021 at 01:26:20PM +0300, Andy Shevchenko wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have noticed that in the last couple of cycles the LED subsystem is
> a bit laggish in terms of maintenance (*). I think it's time that
> someone can help Pavel to sort things out.
>
> In any case, I wonder if we have any kind of procedure for what to do
> in such cases. Do we need to assume that the subsystem is in a
> (pre-)orphaned state? If so, who is the best to take care of patch
> flow?

What outstanding patches have not been handled? Have you talked to
Pavel about this?

> *) e.g. I have a series against a few drivers in LED with actual fixes
> and it is missed v5.13 (okay, that time Pavel had comments which I
> have addressed at ~rc7 time frame), missed v5.14 and seems on the
> curve to miss v5.15.

If you address something at -rc7 you should not expect the changes to be
merged in time for the next release, what would you do if you were on
the other end?

> P.S. I Cc'ed lately active, AFAICS, in that area people + Greg for his opinion.

I think that Pavel should be the one asking for help here if he needs
it.

greg k-h