[PATCH v3 0/3] extcon: usbc-tusb320: Initial TUSB320L support
From: Yassine Oudjana
Date: Sun Aug 01 2021 - 06:07:48 EST
The TUSB320L is a newer chip with additional features. It is close enough to TUSB320 so it works
to some extent out-of-the-box, but for some reason it can start in UFP mode which is not desirable.
This series adds support for reset and mode setting for both chips, and does that while probing
to ensure the chip starts with the default mode of following the PORT pin.
Changes since v2:
- Read state before setting default mode, then update it again after resetting.
- Remove mode tracing from irq handler
- Add a delay after reset to handle tSOFT_RESET
- Use a separate mode setting function for each of TUSB320 and TUSB320L.
Changes since v1:
- Split first patch into two patches, one adding support for mode setting and reset on TUSB320,
and the other adding support for TUSB320L.
- Fix dt_binding_check warning:
../Documentation/devicetree/bindings/extcon/extcon-usbc-tusb320.yaml:15:6: [warning] wrong indentation: expected 6 but found 5 (indentation)
Yassine Oudjana (3):
extcon: usbc-tusb320: Add support for mode setting and reset
extcon: usbc-tusb320: Add support for TUSB320L
dt-bindings: extcon: usbc-tusb320: Add TUSB320L compatible string
.../bindings/extcon/extcon-usbc-tusb320.yaml | 4 +-
drivers/extcon/extcon-usbc-tusb320.c | 164 +++++++++++++++++-
2 files changed, 162 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)