[PATCH v6 0/9] Refactor MTK MDP driver into core/components
From: Eizan Miyamoto
Date: Mon Aug 02 2021 - 08:12:32 EST
This is an update to
To address some comments and fixes.
This series has been verified to work on 5.13.
Changes in v6:
- Don't propagate errors from clock_on/off as an afterthought.
- Split apart modifying mdp driver to be loadable from mmsys from
actually loading it from mmsys into two changs to make review easier.
- Update devicetree bindings to reflect no longer needing the
mediatek,vpu property in the mdp_rdma0 device node.
- Some stylistic cleanups.
Changes in v5:
- rebase and test on 5.13-next @ e2f74b13dbe6
Changes in v4:
- rebase and test on 5.13
- don't depend on https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-mediatek/list/?series=464873
Changes in v3:
- get mdp master from aliases instead of strcmp against of_node->name
Changes in v2:
- rebased onto Linux 5.12
- 100 char line length allowance was utilized in a few places
- Removal of a redundant dev_err() print at the end of
- Instead of printing errors and ignoring them, I've added a patch to
correctly propagate them.
- Use of C style comments.
- Three additional patches were added to eliminate dependency on the
mediatek,vpu property inside the mdp_rdma0 device node.
Eizan Miyamoto (9):
mtk-mdp: propagate errors from clock_on
mtk-mdp: add driver to probe mdp components
mtk-mdp: use pm_runtime in MDP component driver
media: mtk-mdp: don't pm_run_time_get/put for master comp in clock_on
mtk-mdp: make mdp driver to be loadable by platform_device_register*()
soc: mediatek: mmsys: instantiate mdp virtual device from mmsys
media: mtk-mdp: use mdp-rdma0 alias to point to MDP master
dts: mtk-mdp: remove mediatek,vpu property from primary MDP device
dt-bindings: mediatek: remove vpu requirement from mtk-mdp
.../bindings/media/mediatek-mdp.txt | 3 -
arch/arm64/boot/dts/mediatek/mt8173.dtsi | 1 -
drivers/media/platform/mtk-mdp/mtk_mdp_comp.c | 268 +++++++++++++++--
drivers/media/platform/mtk-mdp/mtk_mdp_comp.h | 34 +--
drivers/media/platform/mtk-mdp/mtk_mdp_core.c | 282 ++++++++++++------
drivers/media/platform/mtk-mdp/mtk_mdp_core.h | 3 +
drivers/media/platform/mtk-mdp/mtk_mdp_m2m.c | 4 +-
drivers/soc/mediatek/mtk-mmsys.c | 20 +-
8 files changed, 470 insertions(+), 145 deletions(-)