Re: kernel BUG in new r8188eu

From: Larry Finger
Date: Mon Aug 02 2021 - 10:40:48 EST

On 8/2/21 6:45 AM, Fabio M. De Francesco wrote:
The following link points to a device that seems to be supported by this
driver. It is just $4.99, but I'm not sure whether or not they ship to Europe
(I suppose you're here):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L28AN88/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1
About this item:
* Chipset:RTL8188EU
* Standard: IEEE 802.11n,IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11b
* Supports 64/128 bit WEP, WPA encryption

Otherwise, I think that the following uses the same chip as the above.
However, it costs a little more and, above all else, I'm not really sure if it
works with r8188eu, since they write that the chip is a Realtek RTL8188EUS
(please note that final "EUS"):

The RTL8188EUS chips use the same driver as RTL8188EU. In fact, the one I am using is the EUS variety.

Larry