Re: [ANNOUNCE] v5.14-rc4-rt4

From: Sebastian Andrzej Siewior
Date: Wed Aug 04 2021 - 12:47:42 EST

On 2021-08-04 10:22:59 [-0600], Jens Axboe wrote:

> In that regard, I do still consider those patches out-of-tree, which
> they are. And while I'm more sympathetic to them compared to other
> out-of-tree code as there's a long term plan to get it all in, it's
> still out-of-tree. Best solution here is probably to just carry that
> particular change in the RT patchset for now.

So today in the morning I learned that there is a memory allocation in
an IRQ-off section and now, a patch later, it is almost gone. So that
makes me actually happy :)

The spin_lock_irq() vs local_irq_disable() + spin_lock() is documented
in Documentation/locking/locktypes.rst.
That said I have no problem by carrying that patch in the RT-patchset
and revisit it later.

Sebastian