RE: [RFC v2] /dev/iommu uAPI proposal

From: Tian, Kevin
Date: Mon Aug 09 2021 - 04:34:12 EST

This is how this proposal works, centered around the routing info. the
uAPI doesn't care what the device is. It just requires the user to specify
the user view of routing info (device fd + optional pasid) to tag an IOAS.
the user view is then converted to the kernel view of routing (rid or
rid+pasid) by vfio driver and then passed to iommu fd in the attaching
operation. and GET_INFO interface is provided for the user to check
whether a device supports multiple IOASes and whether pasid space is
delegated to the user. We just need a better name if pasid is considered
too pci specific...

But creating an endpoint per ioasid and making it centered in uAPI is not
what the IOMMU layer cares about.

Thanks
Kevin