Re: linux-next: Signed-off-by missing for commit in the drm-intel tree

From: Matt Roper
Date: Mon Aug 09 2021 - 12:20:54 EST

On Mon, Aug 09, 2021 at 04:05:59PM +0200, Daniel Vetter wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 06, 2021 at 09:36:56AM +0300, Joonas Lahtinen wrote:
> > Hi Matt,
> >
> > Always use the dim tooling when applying patches, it will do the right
> > thing with regards to adding the S-o-b.
>
> fd.o server rejects any pushes that haven't been done by dim, so how did
> this get through?

I definitely used dim for all of these patches, but I'm not sure how I
lost my s-o-b on this one. Maybe when I edited the commit message after
'dim extract-tags' I accidentally deleted an extra line when I removed
the extract-tags marker? It's the only patch where the line is missing,
so it's almost certainly human error on my part rather than something
dim did wrong.

> Matt, can you pls figure out and type up the patch to
> plug that hole?

Are you referring to a patch for dim here? The i915 patch has already
landed, so we can't change its commit message now.

Matt

--
Matt Roper
Graphics Software Engineer