[RFC 0/5] PCI: Use the private field of pci_host_bridge for ACPI device

From: Boqun Feng
Date: Wed Aug 11 2021 - 11:36:41 EST

Hi Lorenzo,

As our previous discussion, I make a patchset showing the required
effort if we want to use ->private in pci_host_bridge to store ACPI
device pointer on ARM64. This patchset is mostly for discussion purpose.

This patchset is based onto the v5 of my Hyper-V PCI on ARM64 patchset:

https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20210726180657.142727-1-boqun.feng@xxxxxxxxx/

, and I've tested it with other code under development to fully enable
Hyper-V virtual PCI on ARM64.

Regards,
Boqun

Boqun Feng (5):
PCI: Introduce pci_create_root_bus_priv()
PCI/ACPI: Store ACPI device information in the host bridge structure
PCI: hv: Set NULL as the ACPI device for the PCI host bridge
arm64: PCI: Retrieve ACPI device information directly from host
bridges
PCI: hv: Remove the dependency of pci_config_window

arch/arm64/kernel/pci.c | 14 +-------------
drivers/acpi/pci_root.c | 5 +++--
drivers/pci/controller/pci-hyperv.c | 20 +++++++++++++++-----
drivers/pci/probe.c | 15 ++++++++++++---
include/linux/pci-acpi.h | 5 +++++
include/linux/pci.h | 3 +++

2.32.0