Re: Removing Mandatory Locks

From: Jeff Layton
Date: Fri Aug 20 2021 - 17:29:41 EST

No, Windows has deny-mode locking at open time, but the kernel's
mandatory locks are enforced during read/write (which is why they are
such a pain). Samba will not miss these at all.

If we want something to provide windows-like semantics, we'd probably
want to start with something like Pavel Shilovsky's O_DENY_* patches.

-- Jeff

--
Jeff Layton <jlayton@xxxxxxxxxx>