Re: kernel hang during reboot when cmdline include a non-exist console device

From: James Wang
Date: Tue Aug 31 2021 - 21:52:59 EST

在 2021/8/31 PM10:52, Petr Mladek 写道:
On Tue 2021-08-31 22:38:42, James Wang wrote:
在 2021/8/31 PM10:33, Petr Mladek 写道:
On Tue 2021-08-31 21:45:05, James Wang wrote:
在 2021/8/31 PM4:47, Sergey Senozhatsky 写道:
And may I ask, just in case, if James can revert a revert of Petr's commit:

revert a91bd6223ecd46addc71ee6fcd432206d39365d2

boot with wrong console argument and see if the kernel reboots without
any problems.
After test, revert Petr's commit can work; reboot without any problem;
Interesting, it looks like the panic() is really caused by missing
stdout, stdin, and stderr, for the init process.

Unfortunately, the fix is not easy, as described in the commit
a91bd6223ecd46addc71e ("Revert "init/console: Use ttynull as
a fallback when there is no console").
OK. But I suppose you could find a quick workaround to mitigate this issue.
You could either remove the invalid console=ttyUSB0,115200
parameter. As a result, tty0 will become the default console and
it will be used by the init process.

No,I just want to use a "invalid" console parameter for "boot up", because It could help me "drop" kernel/systemd log, keep the kernel logo on the screen;

James