Re: [kbuild] [trace:ftrace/core 35/39] kernel/trace/trace_boot.c:420 trace_boot_init_histograms() warn: curly braces intended?

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Fri Sep 03 2021 - 16:42:03 EST

On Wed, 1 Sep 2021 11:07:13 +0900
Masami Hiramatsu <mhiramat@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > The missing curly braces here trigger a ball of static checker warnings.
> > I'm so happy about that. :)
>
> The ftrace/core branch has a wrong version of the patch. ftrae/for-next has
> correct one. I think Steve correct this mismatch after he comes back.

Yeah, I started focusing on my ftrace/for-next branch and stopped pushing
to ftrace/core. "core" is my development branch that can rebase, "for-next"
only rebases for adding tags, but the content should seldom change.

I already sent Linus a pull request, but I'll go and fix ftrace/core now.

Thanks for letting me know.

-- Steve