Re: [syzbot] linux-next test error: KASAN: null-ptr-deref Read in fuse_conn_put

From: Marco Elver
Date: Mon Sep 06 2021 - 13:40:52 EST

On Mon, 6 Sept 2021 at 19:35, Miklos Szeredi <miklos@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, 6 Sept 2021 at 18:59, Marco Elver <elver@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, 6 Sept 2021 at 13:56, Miklos Szeredi <miklos@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Force pushed fixed commit 660585b56e63 ("fuse: wait for writepages in
> > > syncfs") to fuse.git#for-next.
> > >
> > > This is fixed as far as I'm concerned, not sure how to tell that to syzbot.
> >
> > Thanks -- we can let syzbot know:
> >
> > #syz fix: fuse: wait for writepages in syncfs
> >
> > (The syntax is just "#syz fix: <commit title>".)
>
> Yeah, but that patch has several versions, one of which is broken.
> Syzbot can't tell the difference just based on the title.

True, and a general problem with trying to track -next, where even
commit hashes might change. For -next, we can probably live with just
marking the problem fixed, meaning anyone checking the issue will see
a fix exists (and not invest time in trying to fix it).

If the problem persists, syzbot will just keep complaining. ;-)