Re: [GIT PULL] PCI changes for v5.15

From: Bjorn Helgaas
Date: Tue Sep 07 2021 - 22:26:33 EST

On Tue, Sep 07, 2021 at 07:08:42PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 7, 2021 at 2:39 PM Bjorn Helgaas <helgaas@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > drivers/net/ethernet/broadcom/bnxt/bnxt.c
> > drivers/net/ethernet/broadcom/bnx2.c
> > Fallout from the VPD changes below. These include both PCI core and
> > driver changes, and the driver changes got merged via the net tree and
> > then reverted so everything would be merged via the PCI tree.
>
> Christ.
>
> So the revert from the networking tree has basically _zero_ useful
> information. It just says "revert".

Sorry about that. I intended to push my test merge in case you wanted
to see my resolution, but I forgot. I just pushed it ("v5.15-merge"),
but I'm guessing you've already come up with the same resolution.

I was a little mystified about why there was a conflict at all, since
I expected those patches to apply cleanly on top of the revert, and I
should have investigated that more instead of just chalking it up to
my lack of git-fu.

Bjorn