[PATCH] KVM: nVMX: fix comments of handle_vmon()
From: Yu Zhang
Date: Wed Sep 08 2021 - 05:37:53 EST
"VMXON pointer" is saved in vmx->nested.vmxon_ptr since
commit 3573e22cfeca ("KVM: nVMX: additional checks on
vmxon region"). Also, handle_vmptrld() & handle_vmclear()
now have logic to check the VMCS pointer against the VMXON
So just remove the obsolete comments of handle_vmon().
Signed-off-by: Yu Zhang <yu.c.zhang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
arch/x86/kvm/vmx/nested.c | 9 +--------
1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 8 deletions(-)
diff --git a/arch/x86/kvm/vmx/nested.c b/arch/x86/kvm/vmx/nested.c
index bc6327950657..90f34f12f883 100644
@@ -4862,14 +4862,7 @@ static int enter_vmx_operation(struct kvm_vcpu *vcpu)
- * Emulate the VMXON instruction.
- * Currently, we just remember that VMX is active, and do not save or even
- * inspect the argument to VMXON (the so-called "VMXON pointer") because we
- * do not currently need to store anything in that guest-allocated memory
- * region. Consequently, VMCLEAR and VMPTRLD also do not verify that the their
- * argument is different from the VMXON pointer (which the spec says they do).
+/* Emulate the VMXON instruction. */
static int handle_vmon(struct kvm_vcpu *vcpu)