Re: beaglebone black boot failure Linux v5.15.rc1

From: Vaittinen, Matti
Date: Wed Sep 22 2021 - 05:27:19 EST

> Hi Matti, Tony,
>
>> Am 21.09.2021 um 18:07 schrieb Suman Anna <s-anna@xxxxxx>:
>>
>> Hi Matti, Tony,
>>
>> On 9/21/21 2:47 AM, Tony Lindgren wrote:
>>> * Matti Vaittinen <mazziesaccount@xxxxxxxxx> [210920 08:23]:
>>
>> I have been able to boot v5.15-rc1 just fine on my BBB without any additional
>> changes [1].
>
> Same for me with a v5.15-rc1 based kernel.
>
>> May I ask what is your BBB board version? My board is rev.A5C.
>
> I have an Rev B6 with EXP41 display attached. I think Matti reported a Rev C board?

Oops. Yes I did. I _thought_ I have Rev-C (3?) boards. Not exactly sure
why I think so - perhaps that was what I ordered... And I really think
the ones connected to automated test setup at the office are Rev-C.

Now that I tried to verify this - The one which I used to reproduce this
issue (and now verify the patch from Tony) at home, seems to have say
"PCB Rev6B" on PCB. However the u-boot says:

=> printenv board_rev
board_rev=00C0
=>

but I have no idea where the environment variable comes from...

Maybe a stupid question - how to find out the exact revision?

Best Regards
Matti Vaittinen