Re: call_rcu data race patch

From: Guillaume Morin
Date: Mon Sep 27 2021 - 11:38:46 EST

On 22 Sep 12:24, Paul E. McKenney wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 22, 2021 at 09:14:07PM +0200, Guillaume Morin wrote:
> > I am little afraid of jinxing it :) but so far so good. I have the a
> > patched kernel running on a few machines (including my most "reliable
> > crasher") and they've been stable so far.
> >
> > It's definitely too early to declare victory though. I will keep you
> > posted.
>
> Here is hoping! ;-)

Things are still stable. So I am pretty optimistic. How are you planning
to proceeed?

The first patch is already in your rcu tree and my gut feeling is that
it is the one that fixes the issue but you're the expert here... Though
I think it should be probably fast tracked and marked for stable?

Are you planning on committing the 2nd patch to your tree?

--
Guillaume Morin <guillaume@xxxxxxxxxxx>