Re: [RFC 04/16] KVM: selftests: set CPUID before setting sregs in vcpu creation

From: Krish Sadhukhan
Date: Tue Oct 12 2021 - 21:46:12 EST

On 10/6/21 1:36 PM, Michael Roth wrote:
KVM_SET_CPUID*, but kselftests currently call KVM_SET_SREGS as part of
vm_vcpu_add_default(),*prior* to vCPU creation, so there's no
opportunity to call KVM_SET_CPUID* in advance. As a result,
In the current code, I see that KVM_SET_SREGS is called by vcpu_setup() which is called after vm_vcpu_add() that calls KVM_CREATE_VCPU. Since you mentioned "prior", I wanted to check if the wording was wrong or if I missed something.