Re: linux-next: manual merge of the rust tree with the kbuild tree

From: Miguel Ojeda
Date: Fri Oct 15 2021 - 08:24:19 EST

Hi Stephen,

On Fri, Oct 15, 2021 at 9:24 AM Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Miguel, it might be worth do a back merge of v5.14 (or maybe even
> v5.15-rc1) to fix up the old conflicts ... If you do that, though,
> please don't use github's GUI to do it, do it in your own git tree,
> include a good commit message in the merge commit (saying why you did
> the merge), and push it up to git hub.

Yeah, the last release has been rough on conflicts. I will move the
new code to rust-next for your Monday run (based onto -rc5) -- there
has been some changes since last time and I already have it in sync in
our internal branch. Thanks for keeping up with all the conflicts!

As for GitHub, thanks for the warning! We only use the GUI for
internal development only; for the -next branch I prepare it manually.
I will also rearrange things to follow a normal kernel process when we
hit mainline.

Cheers,
Miguel